Challenger Selling Organizational Capabilities
a SaaS platform increasing your Sales Efficiency. a shared service center.
a harmonization of specific processes, insights and IT tools.
Increase Sales Efficiency through a bundling of centrally tasks & Insights
We know from research, that many sales reps suffer from a lack of time for real selling, and are most effective when they have the right amount of support. “According to the latest CSO Insights Study from Miller Heimann Group salespeople only spend about 32.0% of their time actually selling.”
The best-performing companies invest in sales support, streamlining and consolidating specific activities, tools and systems to avoid these activities to be performed independently and inconsistently. Overall focus in a sales support framework:
- Consistency and high quality results
- Relieve sales reps & free up time
- Increase win rates and reduce costs
The big problem with Challenger Selling is that it’s easier said that done. If you tell your sales reps “just go out and do it, be a Challenger”, you will pretty soon find out most of your sales reps don’t know what to do, even though they have been through a great training course. Theory and individual skills cannot stand alone. Too many sales organizations tend to forget that Challengers are made, not born, and building organizational capabilities are a critical success factor.
InsightsRadar a platform realizing critical organizational capabilities
InsightsRadar can best be described as a “Challenger Selling Backbone”, supporting the Challenger Sale’s Teach, Tailor, Take Control and Consensus Creation. InsightsRadar Strengths:
- Generation of your own unique industry- & market Insights, as your own foundation to generate strong compelling “commercial teaching” pitches
- Insights into Benchmarking & Best Practice knowledge on your focus area
- Reports/Insights on a customers company-, stakeholder- and/or person level informing you about weak areas, efficiency losses and lost potentials
- Consensus Insights briefing you on concrete disconnects, and critical areas you must align to get a group decision
- Help to spot the right allies, and help to equip your allies/mobilizers
- Pre-build “Consensus Workshop” & “Red Dot Session” frameworks
- Measurements of the behavioral change among salespeople